Tournaments can be sanctioned by the World Pankration Federation for both member and non-member clubs and organizations if the following requirements are met:
1) The competition must be governed by and run according to WPF rules and regulations.
2) Referees must be certified referees of the World Pankration Federation, at the level of the tournament or above.
3) The competition must be open to all amateur fighters, regardless of
membership in the WPF or the sponsoring organization.
4) The sponsoring organization must use WPF registration forms,
bracketing sheets and score sheets, and will provide copies of all
such forms before sanction is finalized and competition points are
5) The sponsoring organization must videotape all matches to be
sanctioned by the WPF, and must provide an unedited copy of such
video to the WPF before sanction is confirmed.
6) The sponsoring organization must secure liability insurance for the event naming the World Pankration Federation as a co-insured entity, and shall provide proof of such insurance to the WPF along with sanction application.
The sponsoring organization may send referees to be certified at a WPF referee certification clinic, or may pay travel, lodging and per diem expenses for certified WPF referees to officiate the event.
For more information, contact:
World Pankration Federation
P.O. Box 7262 Leawood, Kansas 66207 (USA)